Given the current Covid-19 pandemic, the Superhero Tri 2020 was replaced with an all-new mission – At Home Superheroes!
This year, CL Medilaw supported a number of our families and charities we work with including:
- Alex, Grandad and CL Medilaw’s very own Rebecca formed #Teamsupermac who completed their 20km challenge by trike, on foot and exercise bike!
- Freddie, Lucie and Henry formed #TheLittleGrayTroop who clocked up their 20km by walking and cycling around their local neighbourhood.
- Kyle and CL Medilaw’s very own Nicola formed #BatmanandRobin who took to the streets of Oxfordshire and completed their challenge cycling through the countryside and going on walks in the park.
- Pete Lloyd was #Petebones who completed the 20km challenge in a lightning speed record of 34.1kmh in his racing wheelchair on rollers in his back garden.
- Charlie and CL Medilaw’s very own Louise, formed #HulkandSuperwoman who between them managed a whopping 92 km in total, 4.6 times their original target!
All our teams did extremely well completing their chosen missions. Between them, they raised £2,019 for their chosen charities: PACE, Rainbow Hub, Tree of Hope, Yellow Submarine, Bone Cancer Research Trust and Stockport Wheelchair Racing.
A huge well done to everyone who took part, you are all true superheroes and we cannot wait for next year’s event!
“We are proud to be a corporate friend of the Superhero Series and to support Amputation Foundation and all our teams in taking part and inspiring others to do the same whilst having fun. The online event was a huge success and helps the families we represent and the charities we support change lives for the better”
You can see footage and coverage of the event on channel 4 at 8am this Saturday (15 August 2020). Look out for “Superhero Series – Highlights”
For more information about how we choose to support superheroes such as Alex, Charlie, Kyle, Freddie, Pete and our friends from Amputation Foundation, read about the assistance we provide to those with Cerebral Palsy below.