Brain Injury Compensation
Financial compensation can never reverse the effects of a brain injury, but it can transform the lives of those affected.
Consistent and high quality care, suitable housing, specialist aids and equipment, regular therapy and treatment, as well as access to specialist education or occupational rehabilitation, are some of the ways a successful brain injury claim can change lives.
Obtaining additional education support for your child if they have a brain injury is vital and can be included in a compensation claim.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have suffered a traumatic brain injury you may be able to make a claim and gain compensation. A brain injury can occur for a number of reasons. We help support people have suffered a brain injury for one of the following reasons:
- Road traffic accidents;
- Accidents at work;
- Surgical Injuries;
- Clinical Negligence
For most claims there will be a 3 year limitation for starting court proceedings.
However for individuals under the age of 18 the limitation does not begin to come into effect until the day of their 18th birthday.
If the individual affected by the brain injury does not have capacity the usual limitation period may not be relevant.
If you are ever unsure, then it is best t get in touch with a member of our team to discuss the possibilities of pursuing a brain injury claim.
The amount of compensation you receive as part of your brain injury compensation will vary, depending on a variety of factors.
- One of the first factors to consider is the severity of your brain injury. Someone who has experienced an extremely traumatic brain injury will receive more compensation than someone who has experienced a moderate or minor traumatic brain injury. This is because a more traumatic injury will require a wider range of therapies and rehabilitation to maximise their quality of life.
- Another factor to help determine the amount of compensation received is the costs associated with your injury. This may take into account things such as future loss of earnings, expenses occurred from your injury and more.
It is our job to support you throughout your claim and help get you the most compensation possible. Once compensation has been received we can help advise on what to use it for to best support your independence and security.
Compensation will often be used in the following areas:
- Adapting your home to meet your needs
- Access to rehabilitation
- Access to required equipment
- More accessible transport
Meet the team
Our experienced partners will be on hand to support you throughout the process